Current Position In Government:
(Formerly Secretary of State for Work and Pensions)
Current Position In Circus:
Fire Eater – Spits out fire, burning those in the immediate vicinity
Best Known For:
Claiming that poor families only use food banks because they prioritise new mobile phones over food.
Businesswoman and TV Presenter – co-presented GMTV
View On Brexit:
No deal, and Parliament gets no say – also plans to prorogue.
Major Policy Idea:
Give all public sector workers yearly pay increases in line with inflation. To do this, reduce foreign aid spend.
100/1 – The Times, 11/06
- …as per Dominic Raab, we really try to be impartial at Between the Lines. We really do.
- Strong support from the Vote Leave campaign
- She won’t be elected
- Again, no-deal is not something that should be pursued. It’s widely condemned to be extremely damaging economically. There is no disputing democracy would be badly damaged if Brexit isn’t delivered, but no-deal is outright stupid.
- Probably too much of an unknown.
This hard stance on Brexit smacks of being remembered for the right stance further down the line. Should Brexit not be delivered, she could manoeuvre herself into a position of power by saying that she always campaigned for no-deal.
She doesn’t have the support at the moment to succeed, but she’s one to keep an eye on.
Please help to support Between the Lines by:
- Liking, commenting on or sharing articles;
- Following or recommending us on Facebook;
- Following us on Twitter;
- Donating on Patreon;
- Or following Between the Lines via Email.