Current Position In Government:
Current Position In Circus:
Strongman – Soldiers on and carries burdens
Best Known For:
Reportedly calling himself “The Saj.”
…Although he denies this. You would, wouldn’t you?
View On Brexit:
Thinks he can secure a change to the backstop, but no extension.
20/1- The Times, 11/06
- An unconventional Tory – he has proudly described his roots as the son of a bus driver from Romford
- Not prone to gaffes – a safe pair of hands
- Proudly campaigns as a man from a Pakistani Muslim household (despite not being religious himself) and is a keen ally of the Jewish community
- Another candidate who doesn’t set the world on fire – not a brilliant orator
- Former Remainer
- No huge wins to his name yet – is not a big-hitter
Sajid David is a competent politician, but doesn’t seem to be too much of an actual leader, let alone one who could bring the country together at its most divided time in a generation.
He seems to be a good man, but unfortunately that doesn’t quite cut it these days.
Possible one to watch for the future.
Please help to support Between the Lines by:
- Liking, commenting on or sharing articles;
- Following or recommending us on Facebook;
- Following us on Twitter;
- Donating on Patreon;
- Or following Between the Lines via Email.